Gas-Soaked Clothing Causes Laundromat Explosion

posted by Bill Galluccio - 

Police said that gas-soaked clothing caused an explosion at a laundromat in Logan, Utah. According to KTVX, a customer tried to remove tar stains from his clothes by soaking them in gasoline. As the clothes went through the wash cycle, the gasoline fumes spread through the laundromat before they were ignited by a spark. 

Luckily, none of the four customers inside the laundromat were injured. The explosion moved a few washing machines and was strong enough to blow out the windows. One of the customers used a fire extinguisher to put out the fire before the fire department arrived. 

“There were three or four other people in the laundromat at time of the explosion. There were some parts and pieces of machines that were blown off and blown around the building. It’s remarkable, we had no injuries or anything more serious in this event.”

One of the customers said the explosion sounded "like a bomb" and "was really, really scary."

"Just waiting for my clothes to dry. And suddenly I saw an explosion and I was ready to start running you know because I don't know what it was. That's all I can tell you, but, it was scary. It was really scary,” said Sergio Gonzalez.

title

Content Goes Here